Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
October 17, 2021, 04:44:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Retro day in Steenwijk the Netherlands  (Read 17483 times)
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2011, 03:23:40 AM »

It?s seems to be one of best event to Ody lovers!
New gaMes demo, prototypes demo and I?m so far and I'm so far away from it all Cry

revivalstudios
Freedom Fighter

Twitter: @revival_studios / @bitstormgames

191265260975581 @revival_studios
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2011, 08:45:56 AM »

Revival,
Must I bring the Jopac and the Cartridgeport extender to Steenwijk this Sunday?
Bring the cartridgeport extender (shouldn't be too heavy).

www.revival-studios.com - Classic videogame development
www.bitstormgames.com - Indie games on PC, Mobile and Consoles
www.videopacgames.com - My own games and videogame collection for sale
Follow me on twitter (@revival_studios , @bitstormgames) for the latest information about my upcoming proje
gertk
Post Axe Pete!

gertk64
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2011, 08:37:25 PM »

I will wheel in the plasma and two CRT's on saturday with the company van if I can so they will be already there. Will stuff my old Beetle with the rest so I can setup early Sunday morning. Finished a simple 'fast pace' Snake & Dots (in Basic: yes it can be done!) on the C7420 emu last evening too. If I have room I'll take the TI SR60 and the Casio FP200 too. So lots of different retro stuff to see and feel.

I am anxious to see how many Videopac enthousiasts will be there :-)   

>>G7000 G7200(P+S) G7400 N60 JET27 VG5000 ZX80 ZX81 ORIC-1 COMX35 Aquarius<<
revivalstudios
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2011, 09:49:10 PM »

It?s seems to be one of best event to Ody lovers!
New gaMes demo, prototypes demo and I?m so far and I'm so far away from it all Cry
Don't worry Rafael, maybe there will be some pictures afterwards...

Follow me on twitter (@revival_studios , @bitstormgames) for the latest information about my upcoming proje
revivalstudios
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2011, 09:41:42 AM »

Anyone from the forum going to steenwijk (or the retro-event in apeldoorn next month), please bring along those common spare games you can't get rid off (#1, #4, #18, #38, etc.). I will gladly take these off your hands for a good price (so i can ensure future releases).

Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2011, 07:04:19 PM »

Angry

VideopacBelgium
Totally devoted to Videopac

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2011, 09:04:18 PM »

Back home now ...
Great event for VP/O? lovers!
Astrododge with the Voice is fabulous.

Videopac digger
revivalstudios
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2011, 09:36:35 PM »

Thank you for coming all the way to steenwijk marc!

I didn't know what to expect and it was much smaller than anticipated (Apeldoorn is a better event i think), but it was nice to meet janzl, rene, gert and marc there.
Janzl had interesting proto's ofcourse, but also cool documentation and i was able to buy about 10 m3 of air-sea-battles from him ;-)  I demo-ed astrododge publically , and also previewed 2 other games to janzl and rene for some feedback

I did realise today i need some rgb+composite output on my G7400 ;-) Also would be nice if someday somebody invents a fix for those sticky g7400 powerbuttons ;-).

gertk
Post Axe Pete!

gertk64
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2011, 08:04:59 AM »

I will lookup the article number for the main switches I used in my G7400's

As far as I can see I will attend Apeldoorn too and will bring some switches along. I can show how the mod is done using the screws of the internal powersupply (with the large heads) which I used to secure the switch since the  mounting holes of the new switch do not match the original ones. By using the powersupply screws and opening the mounting holes of the switch to the side with a small cutter you get an adjustable mounting plate.

The smaller screws of the switch are used then to secure the power supply (there are large plastic washers underneath the powersupply screws which will function just as good as the large heads of the original screws). 

All in all I think Steenwijk was a success, I had a good time anyway and it was great to see all of you IRL  Cheesy

manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2011, 08:12:29 AM »

please post the info on the power switch repair here also - I am sure there's lots of people not going to Appledorn (including me) VERY intrested in this :-)

sex, lies, and videopac
revivalstudios
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2011, 10:57:11 AM »

Gertk: Will there by any chance be any live-modding going on in apeldoorn? ;-) Since i am totally clueless on the hardware front, i'd sure like to have a G7400 fixed with proper powerswitch and RGB+composite+audio out ;-)

Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2011, 11:27:28 AM »

Yes the Retroday was a great succes for Videopac fan's.

There were Revivalstudio's new games. AstroDodge was extremely cool. Martijn wanted to have some feedback and we gave him some, lets see if it's going to be implemented  Evil.
We also saw previews of other games in progress bij Martijn and that looked very promising. Graphics were very nice and fun playability. Off course some suggestions were made by us Wink.

And Martijn also relieved me from some doubles. (60 pcs of Air-sea battle. Tongue) Now is there someone who wants my 251 munchkin's?  Wink

But what I really was there for was that Ren? could finally make romdumps of my recently discovered prototypes. This was very nessecary as they were the only eproms known to exist with these games and now they are finally secured for future generations. And I hope that all those twelve people will be very happy with them. Wink

It was very nice meeting everybody and I was very sorry for Marc that after a six hour traintrip he had to go back so soon.

I think that the problem with the fair being very quite was that there were not enough public announcements so not many people came. Unfortunately, one of the few people that came was a ten year old brat that managed to wreck one of my G7200's joysticks. Oh well, it can be fixed.

I had a lot of fun and took some nice peeks into the future of our beloved videopac.

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
gertk
Post Axe Pete!

gertk64
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2011, 12:14:34 PM »

Gertk: Will there by any chance be any live-modding going on in apeldoorn? ;-) Since i am totally clueless on the hardware front, i'd sure like to have a G7400 fixed with proper powerswitch and RGB+composite+audio out ;-)

Well, the powerswitch is doable 'live' I guess but then the RGB mod...  Roll Eyes

On the 24th of this month there is a Veron Radio Amateur swapmeet at 'De Lichtmis' and I hope to find the DIN8 chassis connectors which will fit onto the G7400 mainboard, I will take a mainboard with me so I can test-fit them there. The other parts for the RGB mod are easy to obtain, I will order some extra 7407 chips and a roll of 1N4148 diodes and will make some ready to be fit packages out of them.

I will also document the powerswitch mod with some pictures and make a step-by-step guide and turn that into a package as well. The switches I used are originally from Toshiba, I also found a promising mainswitch used by Grundig which has a broader baseplate but there were no dimensions given. I will report if I have them in.

VideopacBelgium
Totally devoted to Videopac

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2011, 09:17:08 PM »

It seems to me that I have one or two of those "the DIN8 chassis connectors which will fit onto the G7400 mainboard" because I've some french G7401 mainboards out of order.

Videopac digger
gertk
Post Axe Pete!

gertk64
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2011, 10:51:20 PM »

It seems to me that I have one or two of those "the DIN8 chassis connectors which will fit onto the G7400 mainboard" because I've some french G7401 mainboards out of order.

Well that would be great, can you desolder them ?

I found some similar parts at digikey called the SDS80J and it looks like they have the correct footprint but unfortunately digikey.nl does not have them...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: