News:

NEW GAME: Jack and the Beanstalk ! Check this topic!

Main Menu

P Shooter

Started by Chris!, August 24, 2012, 09:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris!

My latest attempt at a game. Tell me what you think.
All my Odyssey2 projects, now in one place!
http://www.atari2600land.com/odyssey2.html

Janzl

I don't understand the game. It totally doesn't respond. I see a bunch of 'P's and a droplet or pear falling down. Am I doing something wrong?
Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!

manopac

you are supposed to shoot the P's and avoid the drop :-) try the other joystick maybe ?
sex, lies, and videopac

Janzl

Bought a real Joystick for Rise of Flight recently. Apparantly O2EM detects it hahaha  :D ;:)

I was almost crushing my keyboard with any possible key-combi but nothing happened.  :-[ :-X
Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!

Chris!

Now with The Voice sounds. Tell me what you think of the game. Please! Oh, and also tell me if it (and Traffic) works without the Voice module.

manopac

Quote from: Janzl on August 24, 2012, 05:09:56 PM
Bought a real Joystick for Rise of Flight recently. Apparantly O2EM detects it hahaha  :D ;:)

of course it does :-) depending on your version of o2em I hope it even tells you that it did ;-)
sex, lies, and videopac

Rafael

Quote from: Chris! on August 27, 2012, 01:15:12 PM
Now with The Voice sounds. Tell me what you think of the game. Please! Oh, and also tell me if it (and Traffic) works without the Voice module.

Ok, I tried it. At first I felt the chance to die is near to 0.
My thoughts. I not sure if I right or wrong, but I fell a new game needs to brings somthing new: a) gameplay, b) graphics or c) sounds, or better everthing at the same time. With Fatso, you had a chance to do a rich game with a very nice food library, but I think your rush is comprehensive probably you was ansious to do your first release. Gosub is a really nice and challenger game (better if it had a score). Traffic is surprisingly fun. But I don´t see P Shooter as "new" game, I like shooters and because Space Invaders popularity it was a very present style on the 80´s, but to make PShoter a "new" game you´ll need to find a point to make  it a new experience! It´s just my point of view, I love Pick Axe Pete, while others hate. You sugested me continue with Joust, probably I´ll pluu my plug, soon. So, it could be a nice option for you.

Editing: I´ll test Traffic for you.

revivalstudios

i'm afraid i share rafaels thoughts. it doesnt really feel like a game yet at this point.
www.revival-studios.com - Classic videogame development
www.bitstormgames.com - Indie games on PC, Mobile and Consoles
www.videopacgames.com - My own games and videogame collection for sale
Follow me on twitter (@revival_studios , @bitstormgames) for the latest information about my upcoming proje

Ozyr

Got around to trying this. As some have stated, not a game yet, but it shows potential in my book . I like shooters. Of course this would appear to be the start, as there is just basic shooting going on. As Rafael kind of mentioned, it needs 'something' more to make it fun. At this point, it is an interesting concept with potential.

Chris!

I rearranged the code and instead of Ps, you shoot asteroids, so it's an Astrosmash clone now. Future plans include once a big asteroid is shot, it might split into two different ones, the hurricanes (or whatever those white swirly things are in the original version), etc. Hopefully I can fit all that into just 2k.

Ozyr

Okay, cool, new direction. Note one glitch at this time - going to the right is 'sticky', as in it doesn't move smoothly for some reason?