Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
May 06, 2021, 02:08:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crazy Cube  (Read 2388 times)
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« on: June 29, 2015, 02:12:49 AM »

Itīs Crazy Cube.
On this adventure Crazy Cube will fight against the evil "Quadratus" ( a tribute to my - not so - modern favorite game).
In fact I just decided to check this old project, becuase I was trying to figure how KC Munchkin moves, so I thinked it should be easy to test on it.
Anyway, I failed. So I would like know a better way to do a KC type move. KC walks until it reaches a middle point where the player will not be hitting the maze edges.
How I can remember by the video I watched Manopacīs grid game work like this.
http://picasaweb.google.com/108595515757191010207/Eurocon2009?authkey=Gv1sRgCOnxnKLA4a2XBw&gsessionid=xF4wON9CT7-Xs30bFQSgWA#5396999190423329554
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 02:19:33 AM by Rafael » Logged
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 06:43:52 AM »

When I made the Munchkin version for the forum I found out that Munchkin moves a couple of pixels before he stops. Horizontally and vertically it uses always the same number of pixels.

I think thats how Manopac did it too. But off course he will give us the right answer. (If he still remembers the game he is making.  Tongue Wink )

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
ccc---
Post Axe Pete!

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 07:46:01 AM »

(If he still remembers the game he is making.  Tongue Wink )

Touché!  Cheesy

manopac
Game & App Development
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 08:26:12 AM »

Keep mocking me ... but one day it will be finished !! (maybe just in time for the next Eurocon in Austria - it looks like I always work on it before a Eurocon in home land is coming up, so I have something to show ;-) 2009, 2014, 2019(?) ... )

@Rafael: take a look at the source code of gridedit:
http://www.guttenbrunner.com/videopac/gridedit.a48

it basically works the same way as in Grid Defender ;-) I just use registers that advance the sprite, these registers are set if the joystick is moved in any direction, and reset once a "stopping point" is reached - that way the sprite keeps on moving until it reaches a position at which I want it to stop
(the code is in page2 and page3 close to the comments "read Joystick, set movement-values for increase/decrease" and "move sprite to new position and reset the increase values if intersection is reached")

hope this helps ;-)

@Dieter/Janzl: see - I can remember ;-) maybe it's time to pick up the coding of Grid Defender again ...

sex, lies, and videopac
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 10:09:08 PM »

@Dieter/Janzl: see - I can remember ;-) maybe it's time to pick up the coding of Grid Defender again ...

No shit!  Cheesy

Rafael, just tried Crazy Cube on O2EM and the Cube sure moves crazy!  Wink

Game looks promising even though I haven't got a clue what kind of game its gonna be. Keep it up!

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 11:35:51 PM »

@Rafael: take a look at the source code of gridedit:
http://www.guttenbrunner.com/videopac/gridedit.a48

it basically works the same way as in Grid Defender ;-) I just use registers that advance the sprite, these registers are set if the joystick is moved in any direction, and reset once a "stopping point" is reached - that way the sprite keeps on moving until it reaches a position at which I want it to stop
(the code is in page2 and page3 close to the comments "read Joystick, set movement-values for increase/decrease" and "move sprite to new position and reset the increase values if intersection is reached")

hope this helps ;-)

Thanks, Mano. Iīll be checking it and I hope you back to Grid Defender itīs promisses to be a classic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: