Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
May 06, 2021, 02:16:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Al lot of attachments from Nov 2011 till april 2012 are damaged. Please ask the original poster to re-upload if you need them.

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rubipac on the C7420  (Read 3267 times)
partyicebear
Trying to get the cartridge in...

Retro time

« on: November 27, 2015, 11:22:49 PM »

Who of you remembers Rubik's Cube, one of the most popular puzzle games in the 80s. I used to play it in school until my teacher throw it off the window.

Nowadays I occasionally came across the cube but had no clue how to solve it. So I decided to develop a 2D simulation on the Videopac.

The game lets you
  • move the pieces resp. rotate the cube in clockwise or counter-clockwise direction,
  • scramble the pieces,
  • solve a given cube showing the right moves
  • set single pieces so that you can reproduce your physical cube

Just get a quick glimpse of the following video how the game looks like and how it works (the .dat file for O2EM and the .mp3 file for the module are attached):
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocj6UkmwoVc

I hope you can handle it without further instructions and would be glad to get any comments If you have any questions or suggestions for improvement.
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 06:21:32 AM »

Unfortunately I don't have the Basic-module yet but I really like seeing that games are being developed for it.

Will try it out on O2EM later.

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 04:09:17 PM »

Congratulations, party, IŽll try this one, now. But I never was so good in this kind of game. Back in the days I had a game, maybe you know it as "Missed Link", but I never got to finish it Roll Eyes
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 12:22:20 AM »

Usually I try this one, but I can do it
How many time you need to solve it?
partyicebear
Trying to get the cartridge in...

Retro time

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 10:36:10 PM »

In the eightees I used to have about 40 seconds, my current cube and me don't run that smoothly any more so that I need about 1 minute. The world record is 5 seconds or so - no idea how they do it:
https://youtu.be/wW-rd9ZR-TA
With my slow 2D basic game I need like 3 minutes.
The 'missed link' seems quite difficult too, haven't seen it in Europe though.

What was your favorite physical game in the eightees which we could try to simulate on the VP?
daddy_scott
Freedom Fighter

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 02:17:28 AM »

Congratulations, party, IŽll try this one, now. But I never was so good in this kind of game. Back in the days I had a game, maybe you know it as "Missed Link", but I never got to finish it Roll Eyes

I remember that one too. I had that, the Rubik's cube, and a pyramid one (Not sure of the name). Same idea as the cube but a pyramid instead. Maybe that's why I like Tutankham so much.  Roll Eyes
Rafael
Pedit5

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 02:47:13 PM »

In the eightees I used to have about 40 seconds, my current cube and me don't run that smoothly any more so that I need about 1 minute. The world record is 5 seconds or so - no idea how they do it:
https://youtu.be/wW-rd9ZR-TA
With my slow 2D basic game I need like 3 minutes.
The 'missed link' seems quite difficult too, haven't seen it in Europe though.

What was your favorite physical game in the eightees which we could try to simulate on the VP?

I'm trying to make a "new number" of Odyssey Adventure
Before the video games I had more interests in board games like Risk, Clue I think would be legal options for the C7420. Do you think it would be possible for a roguelike?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: