Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
January 25, 2021, 03:08:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join Rafael's Haunted Woods contest and win a copy of the game!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally got my G7000 going  (Read 334 times)
CRG
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« on: November 23, 2020, 12:33:27 PM »

Just a quick message to update anyone who might be interested.  I got my G7000 up and running by means of an RGB mod.  I can't say for certain but my assumption is that the PAL encoder was the faulty party since it just wasn't producing any output although all input signals looked good. 

I've put out a couple of youtube videos on my work with this machine.  If anyone is interested you can check them out below.

Part 1 - https://youtu.be/vdBXdHwgg-Q
Part 2 - https://youtu.be/AmRsu1x6fxc

Going forward I'd like to get a few more games and maybe revisit the RGB mod and try to build a smaller board. 
Janzl
Administrator
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

I now can cross that bloody street...

facebook@janzl.com
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 03:14:58 PM »

Congrats!

Nice video's too.

Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!
minodk
Attacked the Timelord

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 09:57:05 PM »

That picture quality! I better get a rgb port in mine soon...

Thanks for the great videos.
CRG
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 12:57:07 PM »

If you're doing the RGB mod keep in mind that the schematic I used doesn't take account of the 5v required to force the TV in RGB mode over scart (5v to pin 16 of scart connector with 100ohm resistor in line).  I initially forgot about this so my 6 pin connector on the machine ended up as 1 pin short.  I got it working by taking the grounding through the chassis of the connector I used and while it works fine its not ideal.  What you want really is a 7 pin connector. 
VideopacBelgium
Totally devoted to Videopac

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 05:27:38 PM »

If you're doing the RGB mod keep in mind that the schematic I used doesn't take account of the 5v required to force the TV in RGB mode over scart (5v to pin 16 of scart connector with 100ohm resistor in line).  I initially forgot about this so my 6 pin connector on the machine ended up as 1 pin short.  I got it working by taking the grounding through the chassis of the connector I used and while it works fine its not ideal.  What you want really is a 7 pin connector. 
I use a 8 pin connector like the G7400.

Videopac digger
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: