Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
September 23, 2021, 11:37:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Homebrew thought - Quest for the rings.  (Read 269 times)
Juicy
Played Munchkin once...

« on: March 30, 2021, 03:43:01 PM »

Has anyone tried to introduce Quest for the rings to a friend? It looks exciting with the big box and all the parts to set up. The character selection is retro/nostalgic, but when it actually comes to collecting rings, sometimes it is just impossible and the game play just doesn't deliver. I might be alone in this, but I really dislike the game play for Quest for the Rings. Something about having a zombie head touch my characters foot to end my characters chances just infuriates me.*

...and I never pick warrior or wizzard, because it makes the game longer. This is partially because it makes it easier to play with as a lone player.

Now if someone developed a game where I can program the correct enemies / arena / ring etc using the keyboard overlay and then fight them in a Final fantasy turn based style or Gauntlet II (Birds eye) style. Then play that game with the board and tokens, I would have to buy that.

(*Same with Gun fighter - why is this not from a birds eye view Huh? Though this is still one of my favorites.)

Its just a thought and I think it could work.
cjherr
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 04:10:22 PM »

That's a good idea. I'd be interested in something like that too.
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 08:23:10 PM »

QFTR is a wonderful game. We played in a meeting at Leo's farm and it was a lot of fun, however, it's a game developed for multplayer experience.
Juicy
Played Munchkin once...

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 10:53:13 PM »

QFTR is a wonderful game. We played in a meeting at Leo's farm and it was a lot of fun, however, it's a game developed for multplayer experience.

Which is fine. I'm not actually looking to bash it. Its just not for me.
I do give massive credit for what they did at the time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: