News:

The forum will NOT disappear in April 2023 please check this topic!

Main Menu

VIDEOPAC uSD CART

Started by Wilco2009, June 21, 2020, 12:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilco2009

Quote from: YaYaLanD on April 16, 2022, 10:10:48 PM
Hello ! Could you please add me to the waiting list for one multicart please  8)

Added
"There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Douglas Addams. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Raikusu

I have a question about the videopac sd cart. Would it be possible to modify game ROMs so that they can save highscores on the sd cart? Does the Videopac console have the ability to save progress? Thank you.

Wilco2009

Quote from: Raikusu on April 26, 2022, 04:58:37 AM
I have a question about the videopac sd cart. Would it be possible to modify game ROMs so that they can save highscores on the sd cart? Does the Videopac console have the ability to save progress? Thank you.

I am sorry to say that it is not possible unless the design of the cartridge and the games themselves were modified.
The cartridge does not have access to internal RAM, so doing a dump without modifying the games is not possible.
"There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Raikusu

Thats alright, I was just curious. I know some Atari 2600 homebrew don't save to the cards but instead to some eeprom save device called the savekey which plugs into the second controller port.

vitadrink

Hi Wilco,

would you mind to add me to add me to the waiting list for the uSD CART, too?

Thanks a lot.

Wilco2009

Quote from: vitadrink on May 13, 2022, 03:53:28 PM
Hi Wilco,

would you mind to add me to add me to the waiting list for the uSD CART, too?

Thanks a lot.

Added!

qdx

Great you still produce this card.  Would you mind adding me to the list ?

Thx

Wilco2009

Quote from: qdx on August 04, 2022, 12:04:28 PM
Great you still produce this card.  Would you mind adding me to the list ?

Thx

Yes, I have the last one.

I'll contact you by private message.

JihemB

Hello.

Are all the device sold ?
I am interested to buy one or to be on the list if a new batch is scheduled.
Does the device come with a 3D shield as I can see it on several pictures on the internet ?

JihemB

Wilco2009

Quote from: JihemB on October 25, 2022, 10:37:11 AM
Hello.

Are all the device sold ?
I am interested to buy one or to be on the list if a new batch is scheduled.
Does the device come with a 3D shield as I can see it on several pictures on the internet ?

JihemB

All carts sold. I am sorry, no more units for now.

Wilco2009

Good evening folks,

I wanted to tell you that I am no longer going to manufacture videopac cartridges.
But don't worry, so that nobody who needs it is left without a cartridge, I have just converted it into OpenHardware, for this I have published all the information to make it yourself on github.
It is released under the GPLv3 license, so anyone who wants to can make the cartridges and sell them to third parties, as long as the license is respected. In this way it is ensured that users who do not have the capacity to make a cartridge by themselves can acquire it by another means.
I wish you enjoy it, and I hope you will modify and improve it.  ;)

https://github.com/wilco2009/Videopac-micro-SD-Cart

scouter3d

Hi Wilco2009,

thank you very much for converting your wonderful project to OpenHardware!
What a great christmas gift!

Maybe i build one next year...

Cheers, TOM:0)

RayXambeR

Thank you Alejandro for your work and to convert it! As it, perhaps this project can continue to evolve in the future. Your micro-SD cart is a fantastic item, really useful!