Videopac / Odyssey2 forum
May 06, 2021, 01:49:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have some news and you want it to be shown here, pm Janzl!

Home   arcade Help Login Register links videopac.nl  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About this forum...  (Read 69042 times)
ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

Oh Bollocks can I afford that Ebay item?

« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2007, 07:15:42 PM »

To be brutally honest we really have not had much in the way of updates. We have had some excellent games from Ted and Dieter but apart from that what else? The old VP forum pretty much detailed any news that occured on our scene so whats the point of other sites updating when it's all there on the VP forum?

I have 12"
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2007, 10:18:29 PM »

To be brutally honest we really have not had much in the way of updates. We have had some excellent games from Ted and Dieter but apart from that what else? The old VP forum pretty much detailed any news that occured on our scene so whats the point of other sites updating when it's all there on the VP forum?

What VP forum?  :-(
Ozyr
Totally devoted to Videopac

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2007, 04:17:28 AM »

The old VP forum pretty much detailed any news that occured on our scene so whats the point of other sites updating when it's all there on the VP forum?

Um... the forum, old and new, had news and other things. That doesn't mean it was the only source for information about the O2/VP! In my opinion, it did not have 'it all'!

The old forum didn't have detailed info on the the games, hardware, and such. Yeah, Richard's site did, but to a point. Some things where in error, and not all of his scans were up to par. Again, just my honest opinion.

I still like the old O2 homepage, CCC's site, PDF's site, and even Rene's little corner of the net - along with all the other o2/vp fans out there. If it wasn't for us, I really don't think a o2/vp forum would have ever come into place in the first place (I do remember the old forum really sat for about 2 years before it took off!).

And that I still credit largely to Dieter! He was the main reason it took off, with advertising on his site. I remember the old records on the forum that should most members joining after CCC! But enough, I'm not trying to argue here, just show my point of view on the world of Odyssey.

I like the other sites, including my own, and plan on updating my corner of the O2/VP world until them nail shut the coffin!!!
end-of-line
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 04:25:46 AM by ozyr » Logged

Rene_G7400
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2007, 10:34:08 AM »

Yes, thanks to Dieter's CCC website I found the Videopac forum.
Sweersa
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2007, 01:03:14 PM »

I think I found it through Google. 
grgh
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

Freedom Fighter academy dropout

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2007, 01:07:20 PM »

I think I found it through google as well, but it was the first time I had searched for videopac stuiff outside of ebay and got results.

http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.
Seob
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2007, 02:33:13 PM »

Found this forum by a reply on the atariage forum.

8 bits of fun
ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2007, 06:30:34 PM »

Ebay for me  Cheesy

I have 12"
Ozyr

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2007, 01:20:02 AM »

Wow, I am amazed that it is hard for people to find O2/vp stuff on the net. I've found plenty of stuff. As for the old forum, I found it years ago, when it was in 'dead mode'. I didn't bother to sign up, till years later, when I found out from Dieter and Rene about the one Richard had started. I knew about it, but was surprised to see it rather active. thus I signed up , and the rest is history. As for this site, I was told about it by a few online friends. Honest, I probably would have found it eventually, without ebay - Google is my friend!

Just nice to have a place were O2/Vp fans can hang out, and not be bothered by those who passionately hate out system of choice! Too bad for them....

martyg
Trying to get the cartridge in...

« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2007, 06:55:24 AM »

Heya guys, just decided to check out the forum as well and found it gone.  On a lark I tried videopac.com and found here.

Oddly, it looks like all the 2007 entries at archive.org were wiped out and replaced with the same "This account has been suspended" message as well, which seems pretty vindictive to me if the hosting company did that.  It could just be how the site was archived there as well, and its trying to pull material from the current site.

I'd be willing to host the site and forums over at ClassicGaming.Com if anyone wants to put it all together again.

Marty
classicgaming.gamespy.com

Atari Gaming Headquarters
www.atarihq.com

Electronic Entertainment Museum
gamingmuseum.gamespy.com

Midwest Gaming Classic
www.midwestgamingclassic.com
grgh
I'd sell my mother for a Videopac

Freedom Fighter academy dropout

george.r.g.hayward
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2007, 05:51:52 PM »

Has anybody ever met Richard in real life? And if yes...   is this thim? :http://www.ukscreen.com/cast/lurpak
If anyone can aknowledge that it is him, maybe we can contact him through here.

Never met him, but that is him (at least I'm 90% sure it is). He goes my Lurpak on the DP board.

Note: He has not posted on DP since July 16 of this year.

I think the picture has changed. And: "Creation Date:  2002-11-06 (last update 2007-09-18)"

http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.
ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2007, 06:54:30 PM »

Well if that was Richard, I think it just goes to show how much he must have thought of us all by not getting in contact  Angry

I have 12"
Rafael
Pedit5
I take the Videopac and leave the Canoli!

« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2007, 02:35:01 AM »

I remember to read anywhere on the old Richard "Page", Richard KPage, so I think he?s really an actor. The cast:
http://www.interfilmes.com/filme_16098_Across.the.Universe-(Across.the.Universe).html
a Shipyard Worker
In fact I?m curious to see Richard acting.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 02:58:24 AM by Rafael » Logged
Ozyr

Packrat Video Games

david.flemming.9
« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2007, 09:40:08 AM »

I think the picture has changed. And: "Creation Date:  2002-11-06 (last update 2007-09-18)"

If this is truly him, and he updated that page on 09-18, then he is still around. Wish we were certain (and are fairly so)... This would mean he has abandoned the videopac site.

I didn't note here, but he has a hotmail account - lurpak@hotmail.com. Per the registrar info for videopag .org
The site expires 24-Nov-2008. If he has truly left this to the wayside, we have over a year to go before the domain can possibly be bought by someone.

Personally, I still hope he reappears... I don't care what excuse he uses, I just want the old site back (not that this one is not bad or anything).

ANDYRYALS
Give this man a Jopac!

« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2007, 02:46:24 PM »

it would be nice to have him back as he gave the community a lot. There is loads of stuff on that site which needs saving. Oh well perhaps if a miracle occurs he may come back

I have 12"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: