Packrat Video Games... what's going on?

Started by ptol, January 05, 2009, 02:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ptol

On the 22nd of December I ordered and payed (through PayPal) 3 Odyssey2 homebrews at Packrat Video Games. Since then I've heard nothing from them. I checked my Paypal account, and they DID receive the money.

Tried to contact their customer service twice, but they don't respond to my E-mails.

Somebody here that knows if something happened with Packrat?

Regards,
Peter

grgh

This is on the main page:

Our staff will be on vacation from Wednesday, December 24th until Wednesday, December 30th. Any orders placed during this time will be shipped no later than Monday, January 5th. Thanks!

Although I agree it would have been nice to have some response, but I think they are still there.
http://www.videopac.com/ reborn Dec-07, forever an ongoing project.

immergruen

I orderd two Videopacs a while ago, it took some days, but everything arrived in good shape. I'm pretty sure everything will be fine, if not just use your Paypal trouble reporting function.

ptol

Quote from: grgh on January 05, 2009, 02:41:59 PM
This is on the main page:

Our staff will be on vacation from Wednesday, December 24th until Wednesday, December 30th. Any orders placed during this time will be shipped no later than Monday, January 5th. Thanks!

Although I agree it would have been nice to have some response, but I think they are still there.

Hm, that's a bit stupid of me to not have seen that  :-[

Thanks, I'll wait just a little bit longer.

Janzl

I ordered all their games about two months ago and everything went fine! I shouldn't worry! :)
Ne tirez pas sur le administrator!

mjb

Janzl, if you do not mind me asking how much was the shipping for the six games to Europe,i am looking to order the games this month and i am trying to find out about the shipping, Many thanks Mark
You don't have to be mad, but it helps.

Release Schedule

Ozyr's Released Homebrew and Prototype List

Janzl

Shipping for six games was $18.00 to the netherlands. I guess it will be the same for the rest of europe.

mjb

Thanks for the quick reply Janzl, i can sort the money out and order them soon Many thanks Mark

Release Schedule

mjb

Just ordered the games that will be six more games off the wanted list.

Release Schedule

Janzl

ptol

I ordered KTAA, Planet Lander and Puzzle Piece Panic. Can't wait to play them  :)

Sweersa

Quote from: ptol on January 05, 2009, 05:24:57 PM
I ordered KTAA, Planet Lander and Puzzle Piece Panic. Can't wait to play them  :)

Nice! I hope to order these games shortly as well.  I think I will also get Rene's Pong! 

Phosphor Dot Fossils

I can also vouch for Packrat - I've been dealing with them for years, both as a customer and in helping out with artwork, etc., and have never had a problem with them.  Good people.  I do know that the last time I saw Jared, at CGE 2007, he had a new baby, and speaking as someone with a little one who's getting around under his own power, I can understand that they may have their hands full from time to time!   :D

ptol

Quote from: Sweersa on January 05, 2009, 10:23:27 PM
Quote from: ptol on January 05, 2009, 05:24:57 PM

Nice! I hope to order these games shortly as well.  I think I will also get Rene's Pong! 

I have Ren?'s Pong on the 128-in-1 Multicart, is there a difference with the normal cartridge?

ANDYRYALS

Quite a while ago (several years), Packrat went thru a bad phas of taking MONTHS to reply to emails and sending parcels out. I can now say that Packrat are very very good and I will also vouch for them, I think that your money and order are pretty safe.
I have 12"